Proof reading is the process of reviewing the final draft of a the article to ensure that all surface errors have been corrected and the final information is accurate without any errors.
- In the publication domain ,proofreading implies content screening to rule out spelling defects, grammatical errors and punctuation s errors.
- Proof reading is not to be confused with editing, proofreading an article does not involve major changes to text and is strictly concerned with errors in punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Proofreading is a vitally important part of the overall quality control process at dentalmainframe.com ,we believe that scientific content with Spelling, grammar and punctuation errors can significantly affect the end user’s opinion of the final material .
- Proof reading in the context of dentalmainframe.com goes beyond just the spellings, grammar and the typos .
- At dentalmainframe.com proof reading mainly looking out for errors in the dental terminologies ,scientific vocabulary ,misplaced or out of place scientific words.
To quote an example....
Eating lots of sweets leads to teeth carries
The corrected sentence would be
Eating lots of sweets leads to teeth caries.
- In the first sentence, word processing soft-wares like Microsoft word ,will not return any errors ,but we do realize, in the content of the article the word is misspelt.
- So proof reading is done to eliminate errors like these ,which are commonplace in large articles and scientific content.
- Any volunteer who wants to be a part of the proof reading team , should necessarily have the basic understanding of the scientific dental terminologies apart from the literary knowledge of the language.