CONTENT PROTECTION AND DIGITAL RIGHTS
One of the major concerns as a global platform structured on the free access protocol, is the dissemination of the submitted content at a global scale and at the same time protecting the rights and interests of those who create them.
At dentalmainframe.com we understand that all the content submitted by you is your intellectual property whose proprietary you hold .
The ownership and all due credit should be attributed to you as a content author,co-author or researcher .
We are very committed to protecting your rights and intellectual content ,So at dentalmainframe.com we have deployed certain digital content protection protocols to help us with that endavour.
- Protocols for user registration and approval
- Protocols for digital conversion of the approved content
- Protocols for storage/archiving of the approved content on our site,
PROTOCOL FOR USER REGISTRATION AND APPROVAL
Though we have an free access protocol in place for a non-subscription based usage for our site ,we do have a manual screening and approval process for all our users.
- Users are requested to fill out a simple form on our registration page,
- On completion and submission of the form, a mail is sent to the user’s registered mail id
- The user has to login to his/her third party mail service i:e(eg..gmail,yahoo…etc)to click on mail validation link and confirm his/her id, (this is done to filter any bots ,automated scripts or other malicious content from accessing our services and auto registering on our site).
- Upon completion of the mail link acceptance , the system assigns the user with a unique identification number code based on specific programmed algorithms which will be the users unique id.
- Once the user is assigned an unique I.D by the system his/her user registration details will be forwarded to our technical team to manually verify the details and accept and validate the user on our site.
By assigning every user with a unique I.D number,we help protect the user"s personal details like mail ids ,contact numbers etc from being shared with other users.
- Hereafter all the content submitted by that particular user on our platform will be identified as part of this unique user id
PROTOCOLS FOR SUBMISSION OF USER CONTENT
Users can submit articles in any of the following formats…microsoft word ,open document format ,
DOC,doc, docx, rtf, xhtml,plain text, wordpad, .odt and .fodt or any other editable formats.
Uploadable video formats are 3GP,AVCHD,AVI,CAM ,DAT ,FLV , MPEG
,FLA ,M4V , Matroska (*.mkv) ,QuickTime (.mov)
MPEG (.mpeg, .mpg, .mpe)
Before you upload any content on our site user ,you are requested to read and familiarize yourself with the
- SITE DIRECTIVES AND GUIDELINES,
- AUTHORSHIP RIGHTS
- Registered ,approved users can submit their content, both articles and user developed video content on our site (for details regarding the article types and categories if submission click here…for videos click here)
- Content submission is a simple process ,which can be done by clicking on the relevant radio button as shown in the pic…both articles and videos can be uploaded from the member dashboard page upon login.
- To submit any original article you need to fill out the relevant details(click here for pic) regarding the articles and hit the upload button…
- Every submitted article is allocated a specific IDENTIFICATION NUMBER by the system based on certain propriety algorithms
- This number is a permanent id for that particular article.
- The content is then forwarded to our content inspection team to verify its authenticity and relevance and post approval.
PROTOCOLS FOR DIGITAL CONVERSION OF THE APPROVED CONTENT
ONCE THE content inspection team verifies the contents of the uploaded file, its authenticity and relevance,it is forwarded to the conversion department to convert the same.
All submitted articles and text files are converted into an portable document format i:e PDF ,the conversion is also done to make it aesthetically appealing and readable,also the system generated I.D is embossed within the article pages for easy identification and protection.
Only after it has been numbered ,approved and converted into a un-editable pdf form, it is displayed in the articles section for other site users
In case of user submitted video content,the system generates an unique I.D number for that particular submitted video and at our end we convert the video format into a common mp4 format ,
The conversion also embodies watermarking the video with the I.D number in a machine readable Q-R code . ….
STORAGE AND ARCHIVING
- As mentioned before the articles are converted into a pdf format and they are stored on our own hosted servers with all the relevant search tags and associated information.
- On the other hand Video hosting is done on our partner site,vimeo.com,who are our official video hosting partners.
- This is done to offer better protection and at the same time enhancing user experience.
- All hosted videos ,are indexd on our video section with relevant information and embedded hyperlinks and these videos can only be accessed from our site,they will not be displayed in any search results carried out directly on vimeo.com
- As a global platform we take our information security very seriously ,we value you’re your privacy and your user sensitive information such as name, address, passwords,mail id’s,login information etc.
- We do not share your personal information with any third party entities or companies.
- All the user submitted content is hosted on secure online databases and online file storages which are safe and secure and we periodically back-up data and content.
- On certain sections of our website we have deployed state of the art ssl encryption technology to protect our content and flow of information online.
WHAT IS SSL ENCRYPTION TECHNOLOGY?
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer.An SSL Certificate authenticates a website's identity, and encrypts the information users enter on your site. This keeps data thieves and hackers from "overhearing" any exchange between your Web page and our website server. With an SSL Certificate protecting our website, users can rest assured that the information you send and receive is secured and can't be viewed by cyber crooks.
In simple terms an SSL encryption is like a lock box that secures valuables (user information) as it travels across the Internet from the web server to you and back.
WHY DOES OUR SITE NEED AN SSL ENCRYPTION TECHNOLOGY?
Sensitive data that is exchanged online does need an added security level,so we employ ssl to protect those sections which host sensitive data.